What is a Glock? Glock is a series of semi-automatic pistols designed and manufactured by Glock Ges.m.b.H in Austria. Gaston Glock was the companys founder. He specialized in advanced synthetic polymers and was responsible for the first successful line of pistols with a polymer frame. They are well known for their light weight, ruggedness and reliability.
Shooting a Glock is the same as shooting any similar automatic pistol. You need to practice the basics of correct sight picture, trigger squeeze, good grip and good stance. Dont over-practice. If you get tired you shooting will get sloppy and you will develop bad habits that are hard to break.
⚠️Need some more advanced, real-life gunfighting tactics for AR and pistol? Visit The Unofficial GLOCK Crash Course: You’ll Learn the essential tactics, techniques and drills such as moving off line and shooting, clearing gun malfunctions and getting back into the fight after you’ve been knocked down. Watch Video>>
1GLOCK SHOOTING TIPS & TECHNIQUES
- Eat at least two hours before shooting to prevent dizziness, light headedness or shaking.
- Bring water and snacks to the range with you to keep hydrated and to munch on.
- Rest and calm yourself before shooting.
- Practice a lot and practice correctly. The more you practice good Glock shooting techniques the more your body and muscles get conditioned for better shooting. Avoid bad shooting techniques as they will be hard to shake later.
- Choose a stance that is right for you. People come in all different shapes and sizes with different strengths and weaknesses. Choosing the proper stance for you will give you a strong foundation to absorb the most recoil and to control the motion of the Glock. Try each of the shooting stances and stick with the one that is best for you.
- Breathing Control Control your breathing while shooting. Take a deep breath. Let out half a breath. Make your shot. Exhale.